The Australian Violin Makers Association Inc. was formed in 2008 as a not-for-profit organisation with the following aims:
• To aid violin and bow maker apprentices to develop into full fledged Journeymen and to provide an opportunity to earn a recognised certificate issued by the Association.
• To promote fellowship among its members.
• To provide standards of ethical conduct.
• To engender prestige and respect to its members and their profession.
• To co-operate with organisations, government agencies and others with kindred interests and problems.To develop and conduct educational and public relations activities.
• To develop sources of raw materials and build an awareness of conservation requirements with regard to these materials.
• To help develop the members’ knowledge in repairing, making and expertise by having the most knowledgeable members share their expertise with the others, by means of conferences and demonstrations at meetings.
• To organise violin and bow making exhibitions under the sponsorship of the Association.